Hi! I’m Katy. And I’m here to make cocktails less intimidating and get you cooking weekday meals in less time.
My recipes are simple and straightforward with ingredients that can be found at your local grocery store.
There’s meal prep notes to help you know what you can do ahead of time, and freezer notes so you can build a stock of side dishes, breakfasts, and other meal prep pieces so you can save time, and get dinner ready faster.
My cocktails are built around syrups you can make in your own kitchen, fresh fruits and herbs, and are combined with easy to find spirits and liqueurs.
5 Random Things About Me
- My musical tastes are firmly stuck in the 1990s and I'm really OK with that.
- I love my Great Lakes state of Michigan. Call it “flyover country” and you’re dead to me forever.
- Olives are gross, no matter what color. Yes, even the cheese-stuffed ones. No, this is not debatable.
- I have had a regular exercise regime in place for the last 3 years and I still hate exercising. If I could take a pill that would keep me healthy and strong while I laid around on the couch, I’d totally do it.
- I don’t know anything about current pop culture. Nothing. If you want to talk to me about celebrities, I’ll listen, but you might as well be telling me about your neighbors.
5 Professional(-ish) Things About Me
- I am an Enneagram One to the core. Everything said about Ones is true for me. All of it. Not joking.
- I wrote, photographed, and published my first cocktail book, “Homemade Happy Hour,” in 2020 while furloughed from my job.
- This blog was started in 2012 as a way for me to share recipes and nature photography, my original photography focus.
- I’ve been studying photography for the past 15 years. It is my most favorite creative medium.
- I love being a project manager for creative work, and have overseen production on major events, digital publications, large scale signage, and a wide variety of print publications, including magazines and books.
5 Ways We Can Work Together
- Virtual Happy Hours. Choose some cocktail recipes from my website – or I can create new ones for you – and we’ll host a Zoom event where attendees learn about cocktail making and create 2 or 3 delicious drinks.
- Signature Cocktail Recipes. Let me create something unique and special just for you! Whether it’s a birthday party, wedding reception, or retirement party, we’ll work together to create a signature cocktail that’s perfect for your day.
- Food Photography and Styling. Have a food blog? Own a restaurant? Writing a cookbook? Need new marketing material for your food-related business? I’ll make sure your dishes are captured at their mouth-watering best.
- Copy/Photo Editing. Blog posts, email newsletters, cookbooks, digital downloads – whatever your food-related project, I can work with you to ensure the copy is smooth and error-free, and your photographs look their best and load their fastest.
- Creative Project Management. Got a creative project that needs some organizational help? Timelines, work breakdown, budget estimates – I can help you put systems and structure in place to achieve your project goals.