Love entertaining, but don’t want to spend your time bartending? Need a quick cocktail or mocktail recipe that serves a crowd? That’s where Pitcher Drinks come in! Make one batch boozy and keep one alcohol free.
My favorite pitcher cocktails are ones that make a big batch and come together quickly. Perfect for last minute summer parties and get togethers, this unique cocktail recipe (and mocktail recipe!) uses a can of frozen juice as both the base of the cocktail and the measuring cup. It's ideal for quickly making large batches of drinks for summer gatherings.
Pitcher drinks are full of fruity flavor and there's no need to let flavors mingle like you do with fruity sangria. Just pour everything together into a large pitcher or punch bowl and serve!
Add fresh fruit to the mixture for added flavor and garnish. I love using orange slices and sliced strawberries if I'm serving in a pitcher, or thin slices of fresh pineapple in a punch bowl, for an extra dose of fresh flavors.
There is absolutely NOTHING fancy about this recipe. However, sometimes fancy isn't needed. Just a delicious fruity cocktail that's sure to be a crowd pleaser. This recipe doubles and triples easily, making it quick to fill large party pitchers or decanters with drinks.
Ingredients for Pitcher Drinks
- Frozen juice concentrate - Choose cranberry blends for a pitcher of Cosmos, apple juice for a fall cocktail, or berry blends for an easy summertime drink.
- Vodka (for cocktails) - You favorite vodka will work great. I like to use plain vodka in my pitcher drinks, but you can easily
- Triple sec (for cocktails) - Since you're mixing it with a lot of other liquids, an inexpensive orange liqueur works great here. I like triple sec, but feel free to use your favorite orange liqueur in this recipe.
- Lemon-lime soda (for mocktails) - This is bringing in the sweetness, so if you don't like lemon lime soda, substitute ginger ale or ginger beer for it.
How to Make Pitcher Drinks - Cocktails and Mocktails
To start, empty the can of condensed juice into a large pitcher.
Using the juice can to measure, add 1 can of vodka, ½ can of triple sec, and 1 ½ cans of water to the pitcher.
Stir. Serve over ice cubes and garnish with fresh berries, a lemon wedge, and/or fresh mint.
Enjoy your pitcher of cocktails!
Using the juice can to measure, add 1 can of lemon lime soda, and 2 cans of water to the pitcher.
Stir. Serve over ice cubes and garnish with slices of fresh peaches, berries, or mint leaves.
Enjoy your pitcher of mocktails!
- Use an orange juice blend along with the vodka and triple sec for a delicious pitcher of brunch cocktails.
- Use frozen apple juice concentrate for delicious fall themed drinks.
- Avoid watering down your cocktails by keeping the ice cubes in the glasses, and not adding them into the pitcher. You can also freeze 2 cups of grapes, blueberries or cranberries, then add them to your pitcher before serving to keep drinks cold without dealing with melting ice.
- These cocktails are perfect for a large gathering, especially if you've been tasked with bringing drinks at the last minute! I love to set a large pitcher or two out in a bowl of ice and let guests help themselves.
- When I need to make pitcher drinks for a December holiday party, I turn this into a big-batch cocktail recipe for cosmos, a favorite classic cocktail. Simply use cranberry juice concentrate in this recipe and add ¼ cup of fresh lime juice to the pitcher. Chill well before serving, then serve in martini glasses with frozen cranberries (no ice!) and a lime wedge for garnish.
Try These Pitcher Cocktail Recipes
FAQs and Substitutions
Sure. I know triple sec is the cheapest of orange liqueurs and often looked down on, however, we're mixing things with concentrated juice here. We do not need the fancy stuff. Can you pour in a more expensive orange liqueur? Yes. Do you need to? Nope. The goal is to add sweet, orange flavor and triple sec definitely gets you there.
You don't. Because we're using fruit juice concentrate as our base, there's no making this in single drink portions unless you can find cans of frozen juice that make individual drinks.