Festive, fizzy and full of flavor, this non alcoholic sparkling red sangria mocktail is a fun drink for the entire family.
Mocktails - or non alcoholic cocktails - are perfect for entertaining because everyone can enjoy them. This Sparkling Red Sangria Mocktail recipe makes a pitcher full of fruity drinks that’s perfect for your next gathering.
White wine is my jam, but red wine and I do NOT get along as I do not appreciate the headache it gives me. So since real sangria is out for me Which is why this alcohol-free red sangria is perfect! My kiddo thinks it’s delicious (yay!), and I can enjoy it without the worry of a migraine. All kinds of winning!!
This mock sangria recipe skips the cinnamon sticks and cranberry juice in favor of bright ginger and fresh citrus for a delicious drink that's perfect for a hot day.
This drink has the flavors of classic sangria and is a great option for outdoor events since it's an easy mocktail for everyone to enjoy and is served by the pitcher - meaning you aren't constantly needing to make your guests new drinks.
- Sparkling red grape juice
- Fresh orange juice
- Fresh lime juice
- Ginger syrup
- Sparkling water or club soda
- Pomegranate seeds (garnish)
- Orange slices (garnish)
How to Make a Red Sangria Mocktail
Add orange slices and/or pomegranate seeds.
Chill well. Serve over ice.
How to Make Ginger Syrup
Ginger syrup is easy to make and only takes 3 ingredients! Follow the directions in my ginger simple syrup recipe and you'll have delicious syrup ready in 10 minutes.
Recipe Tips for Sangria Mocktails
- Remove the orange slices from any leftover sangria before storing. When left to float in any liquid, citrus fruits will start to impart a bitter taste after many hours. If you have leftover sangria, or made a pitcher to have on hand (smart!), either take out the orange slices before you store it in the refrigerator or use the orange slices in your serving glasses and keep them out of the pitcher altogether.
- Add ice to the glasses, not the pitcher. Unless you're going to serve the entire pitcher immediately, add ice to the individual glasses instead of the pitcher. This will keep it from melting in the pitcher and watering down the entire batch of non-alcoholic sangria mocktail.
Don’t Miss These Non-Alcoholic Drinks
FAQs and Substitutions
Don’t have any fresh ginger on hand to make the ginger syrup? Swap it out for ginger beer or ginger ale. If you don't like ginger flavor, you can use lemon-lime soda in place of the ginger syrup. (Note: Like its root beer cousin, ginger beer does NOT contain alcohol.)
What makes it sangria is the wine, which I wouldn’t recommend adding to this. If you’re looking for a great alcoholic sangria recipe, try my white wine sangria or apple cider sangria. Both are delicious and would be great at a party alongside this alcohol-free red sangria.
Because this red sangria mocktail is full of fizz, try to make it as close to serving as possible. Otherwise your drink will fall flat and not be as delicious. Unlike traditional sangria, we’re not using fresh fruit to impart flavors - we’ve got juice for that! - so it doesn’t need the usual 3-4 hours to infuse.