Everyone deserves a special drink, especially on holidays! This non alcoholic Love Potion Drink is perfect for special occasions like Valentine’s Day, an anniversary, or date night at home.
Valentine’s Day wasn't something I worried too much about celebrating until my daughter was elementary school age. Besides the classroom parties and school Valentine’s exchanges, she clearly wanted us to do something special at home to celebrate a day of love.
This Love Potion Drink recipe is perfect for that because it’s non alcoholic, so the whole family can enjoy it. It’s also super easy to make and prep ahead of time - and skips bar tools like a cocktail shaker - so pouring some at dinner time on Valentine’s Day is quick and simple.
- Pink lemonade - Find this either in the refrigerated juice section of your local grocery store or pick up a can of pink lemonade concentrate in the freezer section. Follow the directions on the can to make the lemonade if you choose frozen concentrate, and have it ready to go before you make your mocktails.
- Strawberry syrup - Make your own strawberry simple syrup using either fresh or frozen berries.
- Orange blossom water - This gives your mocktail a bit more depth of flavor, but you can leave it out if you don’t have any on hand.
- Sparkling water or club soda - Choose whatever soda water you have on hand to add fizz to this drink.
- Fresh strawberries (garnish) - You’ll just need a few fresh berries to slice for garnish. You can cut them into strawberry hearts for an even more on-point Valentine's garnish.
- Edible glitter (garnish) - Completely optional but a very fun garnish, especially if serving this drink for a special occasion like Valentine’s Day or an anniversary.
How to Make a Love Potion Drink
Place pink lemonade, strawberry simple syrup, and orange blossom water in a wine glass.
Add ice cubes to fill the glass.
Top with sparkling water,
and a sprinkle of edible glitter.
Garnish with a slice of fresh strawberry. Sip and enjoy!
Make it a Love Potion Cocktail
Change this drink into a boozy, grown up Valentine's Day cocktail by adding in 1.5 ounces of your favorite vodka or light rum with the pink lemonade. (I tested this with regular vodka, strawberry vodka, and raspberry vodka - all three cocktails were delicious.)
Looking for More Valentine’s Day Drinks?
I have a few favorite Valentine's Day drinks that I love to make for my family. My Cherry Blossom Cocktail is bright red and when rimmed in pink sugar makes the perfect Valentine's Day cocktail. My daughter loves this Love Potion Mocktail as well as my Unicorn Drink, which is also topped with edible glitter.