Sweet and strong, this easy espresso martini cocktail is the perfect replacement for the traditional after-dinner coffee.
Makes 1 cocktail.
2 oz strong brewed, cold coffee
1 oz vodka
0.75 oz coffee liqueur
4 dashes chocolate bitters
Put all ingredients in a cocktail shaker full of ice.
Strain into a martini glass.
Tips on Espresso Martini
- Use a traditional drip coffee pot and any blend of your choice to brew the coffee for this recipe. Just use double the amount of coffee grounds as normal when you brew.
- Make sure the coffee is COLD before you make this cocktail. Even slightly warm coffee will melt and break down the ice when you shake up your cocktail, resulting in a watered-down drink.
- If you prefer cream in your coffee, add 1 oz of half and half along with the rest of the ingredients in the cocktail shaker.
- Adding 1 oz of Rumchata liqueur is another delicious way to add cream - and cinnamon - to your espresso martini.
- While the chocolate bitters enhance the cocktail, you can leave it out if you don't have any on hand.
This sweet and strong martini goes deliciously with buttery cranberry shortbread cookies.