This delicious fresh Strawberry Gin Cocktail with ginger beer combines sweet strawberries with a little tart lime and spicy ginger beer for a fresh cocktail that is one of my top choices on hot days.
Some days I need an easy drink I can make in the glass. No cocktail shaker or mixing glass required. This fresh Strawberry Gin Cocktail with Ginger Beer is a single spirit cocktail - we're only putting gin in it - so in a few simple steps we can have a tasty drink.
Very similar to a strawberry gin smash, we're starting with fresh strawberries (not strawberry syrup) and smashing them with a muddler to get that sweet strawberry flavor we want for this cocktail recipe. Fresh squeezed lime juice is another key ingredient and a great way to keep the sweetness in check.
- Fresh Strawberries
- A lime
- Orange Simple Syrup
- Ginger Beer
- Fresh mint (for garnish)
How to Make a Fresh Strawberry Gin Cocktail with Ginger Beer
Place the fresh strawberry and lime juice in a rocks glass.
Muddle to break up the strawberry slices.
Add orange simple syrup and gin.
Give it a good stir. Fill the glass with ice cubes.
Top with ginger beer.
Garnish with lime wedges, a slice of strawberry, and/or fresh mint leaves.
Sip and enjoy!
How to Make Orange Simple Syrup
Orange syrup is super easy to make at home! Head over to my orange simple syrup recipe page for all the instructions and tips you need!
- For the best flavor and sweetness, be sure you're using ripe strawberries in this cocktail. Ripe, fresh fruits will also be easier to crush.
- Use fresh lime juice. You’ll need about half a lime per cocktail, so take the time to squeeze the fresh fruit. It makes a lot of difference in the taste of your drinks.
- If you don’t have a muddler on hand, use a wooden spoon to break down and mash the strawberries in your glass.
Don’t Miss These Strawberry Cocktails
FAQs and Substitutions
No. Like its cousin root beer, ginger beer is a soda, not a beer. It has a strong ginger flavor that makes it an excellent mixer for cocktails and mocktails.
I love a London Dry Gin like Beefeater Gin in this recipe, but you can absolutely use your favorite gin.
Yes, just thaw them completely before placing the strawberries in your glass so you can easily muddle them.
This smash cocktail is definitely designed to be made with ginger beer, or at least ginger ale. But if you don’t like ginger beer or don’t have any on hand, top off your cocktail with a splash of club soda, soda water, or tonic water. Or use lemon lime soda to keep it sweet.
More Delicious Gin Cocktails You’ll Love
- Refreshing Lavender Blueberry Gin Cocktail
- Simple Pear Gin Cocktail with Rosemary
- Classic French 75 Gin Cocktail Recipe
- Lavender Bee’s Knees Gin Cocktail
- Prickly Pear Cinnamon Gin Cocktail