This delicious Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri mocktail is alcohol-free, full of flavor, and super refreshing on a hot summer day! Sweet strawberries and fresh lime juice blend together for a virgin daiquiri recipe perfect for the whole family.
A great rule for cocktails is the fresher the ingredients, the better the drink. And the same goes for mocktails. It might even be a more important rule for mocktails since there isn’t any alcohol to mask flavors.
Frozen fruit counts as a fresh ingredient because it’s picked when ripe and frozen immediately, keeping all the best taste and nutrients locked in the fruit.
Using frozen fruit in place of ice in blended drinks is a secret weapon for a creamy sip with tons of flavor. Without ice to water down the drink as it melts, frozen drinks made with frozen fruit maintain their intense fruity flavor through every sip.
There is zero need to buy a liquid mix to make a great strawberry daiquiri mocktail. Did you know the strawberry daiquiri mix most commonly found in U.S. stores has 13 ingredients listed on it, including two coloring dyes and several preservatives?
By comparison, we’re using 4 ingredients here, and the process of making the drink is just as simple!
- Frozen strawberries - I freeze fresh-picked strawberries as soon as we get back from the farm so I have the best flavor in the berries.
- Limes - Fresh only here! We're using very few ingredients, so this makes a big difference.
- Simple Syrup - Make some at home with my quick simple syrup recipe. It takes minutes and lasts for weeks in the fridge.
- Sugar (for the rim) - I used regular white sugar in these pictures and it was delicious. Feel free to use sparkling sugar, decorative red sugar, or raw sugar if you'd prefer.
How to make a Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri Mocktail
Pour sugar in a shallow dish. Run a slice of lime around the rim of your glasses.
Dip the rim of your cocktail glass into the sugar. Repeat with the second glass. Set the glasses aside.
Place frozen strawberries, lime juice, and simple syrup into a high-speed blender or food processor.
Blend until smooth.
Note: if your mixture is too thick for your blender, add a little water - 1 tablespoon at a time - until the blender is able to blend the strawberry mixture.
Pour into your prepared glasses.
Garnish with a fresh strawberry or lime wheel. Enjoy!
- Don't like lime juice? Use fresh lemon juice instead.
- Want to make this easy mocktail recipe into a classic cocktail for summer? Add 2 oz white rum into the blender with the frozen fruit and juice.
- Make it a frozen mango daiquiri mocktail by swapping out the strawberries for frozen mango pieces.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you only have fresh strawberries on hand, leave out the water and add in a ½ cup of ice along with the berries when you blend up this mocktail.
There are very few ingredients in this drink, so using fresh makes a big difference. It varies by the size of the lime, but you should need about 1 lime for the 1.5 oz of juice in this drink.
None at all! Virgin drinks, mocktails, and zero-proof drinks are sips without alcohol and this daiquiri is no exception. It’s great to make for all of the strawberry lovers in your life.
You make it! Simple syrup takes minutes to mix up. Stir ½ cup white sugar into ½ cup hot water until the sugar is dissolved. Place it in the refrigerator until it’s cooled. Do NOT use hot syrup in your drink. Only cold syrup should be used so the drink stays frozen.
You will see terms like “zero proof,” “virgin,” “non alcoholic,” or “mocktails” on menus and recipes to indicate that those drinks are alcohol free.
Frozen fruit is a great way to make frozen creamy drinks without the cream or any dairy. A little simple syrup blended with fruit will create a creamy drink all on its own. You can also add in slices of frozen banana to get an even creamier consistency. (Note: Adding banana will change the flavor of your drink.)
If you'd like to add liquor to this daiquiri, simply use white rum instead of the water when blending it up.