The perfect drink for summer happy hours and backyard barbecues, this 4 ingredient Sparking Strawberry Basil Cocktail with prosecco comes together quickly so you can spend more time relaxing and enjoying your friends and family.
- How to Make a Sparkling Strawberry Basil Cocktail
- Make your own Strawberry Vodka
- Easy Homemade Basil Syrup Recipe
- Make it a Strawberry Basil Mocktail
- FAQs and Substitutions
- Looking for more Strawberry Cocktail Recipes?
- Want to Make Tasty Strawberry Mocktails?
- More Delicious Recipes You’ll Love
- Print The Recipe Card
- Strawberry Basil Cocktail with Prosecco
An easy summer cocktail for a hot summer day, this bubbly cocktail is full of the flavors of sweet strawberries and fragrant basil, with a little tart orange added to balance out the sweetness.
It does require a little prep work in the form of making the basil simple syrup and strawberry infused vodka, but each of those ingredients takes only a few minutes to mix up and makes enough for several rounds of cocktails.
This summery cocktail is perfect for serving during strawberry season and throughout the warm, summer months. Its one of my favorite things when I'm looking for a quick and easy cocktail to make after a busy day or when entertaining friends and family.
- Strawberry vodka - The best strawberry vodka is done by soaking fresh strawberries in plain vodka. That creates a red vodka infused in fresh strawberry flavor. Get easy instructions and all my tips over on my strawberry infused vodka page. (Note: If you decide to buy strawberry vodka, your drinks will not match the color found in these photos as store-bought vodka has no color in it.)
- Basil simple syrup - This isn’t going to be for sale in grocery stores or liquor stores, so get my recipe and instructions on how to make your own basil syrup at home in minutes on my Basil Simple Syrup page.
- Aperol - This bitter-sweet Italian orange liqueur is delicious and has no substitute. Buy a bottle for this recipe, then use it to make this Paper Airplane Cocktail and a classic Aperol Spritz.
- Prosecco - Pick up your favorite bottle of prosecco or other dry sparkling white wine. Just make sure your sparkling wine is dry (no moscato or spumante!), or this drink will be overly sweet!
How to Make a Sparkling Strawberry Basil Cocktail
Strain into a coupe or martini glass.
Top with prosecco.
Garnish with some basil leaves, a slice of strawberry, and/or a slice of orange.
Stir gently, sip and enjoy!
Make your own Strawberry Vodka
Yes, you can buy strawberry vodka, but making it yourself is easy so much more delicious!
Fresh strawberries and your favorite vodka infuse for a few days while the vodka takes in all that gorgeous strawberry color and flavor. Get all the instructions and tips you need over on my Strawberry Infused Vodka page.
Make it a Strawberry Basil Mocktail
Strawberry and basil pair deliciously together - with or without the alcohol. Looking for a strawberry basil mocktail? Check out the recipe over on my Easy Mocktails with Club Soda page.
FAQs and Substitutions
While you can certainly buy it, I do highly recommend making your own strawberry infused vodka. It’s so much better than anything sold a the liquor store, has zero sugar, zero additives, and a much fresher strawberry flavor.
Garnishes should reflect the ingredients in your drink. For this Strawberry Basil Cocktail, choose fresh fruit - like juicy strawberries or slices of orange - or use a leaf or small bunch of fresh basil.
Aperol add both orange flavor and some bitterness to this cocktail, balancing out the sweetness of the simple syrup. If you don't have any Aperol on hand or can't find any, swap it out for orange liqueur AND ADD 4 dashes of orange bitters.
Want to Make Tasty Strawberry Mocktails?
If you're looking for a delicious mocktail to serve alongside these Sparkling Strawberry Basil Cocktails, try my non-alcoholic Strawberry Mojitos or mix up a large batch of Berry Hibiscus Iced Tea. Both are made with fresh strawberries and are a great way to provide a tasty drink for those who don't want alcohol.