Apple vodka and elderflower liqueur keep this Apple Orchard Cocktail fresh and slightly floral, a perfect sip for warm fall days.
- Make Your Own Apple Vodka
- How to Make an Apple Orchard Cocktail
- How to Make Ginger Simple Syrup
- Tips on Apple Orchard Cocktail
- What to Serve with an Apple Orchard Vodka Cocktail
- Looking for More Apple Vodka Cocktails?
- More Delicious Recipes You'll Love
- Print the Recipe Card
- Vodka Apple Orchard Cocktail
This cocktail has all the flavors of fall, and is completely flexible to enjoy with your favorite sweet, apple spirit.
Apple Orchard cocktails can be deliciously made with apple liqueur or apple brandy, depending on your preference and what you have on hand.
Make Your Own Apple Vodka
Don't have apple vodka? Can't find it? Make it! Core and slice an apple, place it in a 1 pint mason jar and fill the jar to the top with plain vodka. Cover and let it sit for 5-7 days. Strain it through a piece of cheese cloth set into a fine mesh sieve and you have your own, homemade apple vodka!
Get more information and recipes for infusing liquors over on my Liquor Infusion page.
- Apple vodka - I prefer Absolut Juice Apple for this cocktail. Sky Apple vodka is also delicious in this recipe.
- Ginger syrup - Ginger syrup is a 3 ingredients and 5 minute recipe that you can easily make at home.
- Apple liqueur - I use DuNord Pronounced Apple for this recipe because it's my favorite. Choose your favorite sweet apple liqueur or apple brandy for this cocktail.
- Elderflower liqueur - Sweet elderflower liqueur is what gives this cocktail its unique flavor. St. Germain is the easiest brand of elderflower liqueur to find in the U.S. If you've never used it before, buy the smallest bottle you can find. The little 2 oz bottled would be enough for several of these apple vodka cocktails.
- A lemon - Fresh citrus makes all the difference, so skip the bottled lemon juice and squeeze a real lemon for this recipe,.
- Aromatic bitters - Aromatic bitters give this apple cocktail its fall spice. Don't skip these. Angostura Aromatic Bitters are the gold standard brand and easiest to find.
How to Make an Apple Orchard Cocktail
Combine apple vodka, ginger simple syrup, apple liqueur, elderflower liqueur, lemon juice and aromatic bitters in a cocktail shaker filled with ice cubes.
Shake up and strain into a coupe or martini glass.
Garnish with an apple slice, if desired.
How to Make Ginger Simple Syrup
Ginger syrup is easy to make and only requires 3 ingredients. Pick up a piece of fresh ginger root at the grocery store and make this delicious syrup. Full instructions - including how to peel your ginger root - can be found in my ginger simple syrup recipe.
Tips on Apple Orchard Cocktail
Simple syrup needs time to chill. Make your ginger syrup at least 2 hours ahead of time. It will keep for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator, so you can even make it days before you're going to sip your cocktail.
There aren't a lot of ingredients in cocktails, so it's important to squeeze fresh juice any time you can. You'll need ½ of a lemon for this recipe.
Absolut Juice Apple and Sky Honey Crisp Apple are my two favorite apple vodkas. I've used both in this recipe with delicious results. If you're having a hard time finding apple vodka, you can infuse your own! Follow my instructions in this DIY Liquor infusion, swapping out sliced apples for the sliced strawberries.
You can use apple brandy or even regular brandy if you can't find any apple liqueur or don't have it on hand. I do HIGHLY recommend using an apple flavored, sweet spirit in this drink, as it enhances the apple flavor in the cocktail. I love the apple liqueur from DuNord Craft Spirits.