There's nothing like a delicious Gingerbread Martini to put you in the holiday spirit! This easy, four ingredient cocktail is sure to be a hit at your next holiday party.
This delicious Christmas cocktail is the perfect cocktail to serve at your holiday parties or as a dessert option after holiday dinners.
A very festive twist on a traditional vodka cocktail (OK, this is nothing like classic martinis), a gingerbread Christmas martini is the perfect combination of classic holiday flavors and decadent sip ideal for Christmas celebrations.
Full of warm gingerbread spices, my festive gingerbread martini features homemade gingerbread syrup as the star ingredient.
- Vodka - Choose your favorite plain vodka for this festive cocktail.
- Gingerbread syrup - You can get some at the grocery store (both Monin and Toriani have options), but I highly recommend making it yourself. Homemade gingerbread syrup is easy to make and tastes much better than the store-bought versions.
- Irish cream liqueur - Use your favorite. I love Five Farms Irish Cream.
- Half and half or heavy cream - Choose whichever you prefer. If you want to swap it out for milk, use whole milk. I don’t recommend non-dairy milks or low fat milk for this recipe.
How to Make a Gingerbread Martini
Combine vodka, gingerbread syrup, Irish cream liqueur and half and half in a cocktail shaker filled with ice cubes.
Strain into a martini glass or coupe glass.
Garnish with whipped cream and/or a dusting of cinnamon.
Sip and enjoy!
Make Homemade Gingerbread Simple Syrup
Full of pantry staples like brown sugar, molasses, cinnamon, and fresh ginger, gingerbread syrup is easy to make at home in just a few minutes. Get the recipe and cooking tips on my homemade gingerbread syrup page.
- Stick to plain vodka. I tested this recipe with vanilla vodka as well. The sweet vanilla flavor overwhelmed the gingerbread syrup and downplayed the gingerbread flavor of the cocktail.
- This isn't a dinner cocktail. Serve this sweet and creamy cocktail separately from a big meal.
- Looking for other sweet cocktails to serve alongside this one? Try an espresso martini or sugar cookie martini.
Try These Favorite Christmas Cocktails
Sweet cocktails are so much fun to have as Christmas drinks. Whether to enjoy after dinner or as a happy hour treat, these easy recipes for festive cocktails are perfect for the holiday season.
Garnishing Gingerbread Cookie Martini
There are so many garnish options for adding an extra festive touch to your gingerbread martinis! The simplest garnish for this gingerbread cocktail is a light sprinkle of cinnamon or a cinnamon stick.
Topping your cocktail with whipped cream will give it a decadent twist - and a place to set a small gingerbread cookie. You can also dip the rim of the glass in crushed gingerbread cookies, graham cracker crumbs, or raw sugar, before adding the cocktail.
Looking for Christmas Mocktails?
Everyone deserves a delicious sip - whether or not they drink alcohol. If you're looking for a tasty non-alcoholic drink recipe, stir up a batch of Pomegranate Christmas Punch or try my Sparkling Citrus Apple Mocktails.