Fresh limes and homemade peach syrup combine with your favorite vodka and ginger beer for this easy Ginger Peach Moscow Mule. It's a perfect summer cocktail for a hot day.
- How to Make a Ginger Peach Moscow Mule
- Homemade Peach Syrup Recipe
- Recipe Tips
- Make it a Kentucky Peach Mule
- Looking for More Moscow Mule Recipes?
- FAQs and Substitutions
- Looking for Another Peach Cocktail Recipe?
- More Delicious Recipes You’ll Love
- Print the Recipe Card
- Easy Ginger Peach Moscow Mule Recipe
Peach season is one of my favorite fruit seasons in Michigan. Fresh peaches at the farmers markets, U-Pick at the local farms, and in the grocery store are the perfect excuse to make this delicious twist on a classic Moscow mule cocktail.
The classic Moscow mule recipe leaves out any fruit flavor, which for me is where it's lacking. Adding fresh fruit and homemade syrups to a traditional Moscow Mule is the perfect way to put your own spin on the original recipe, and ripe peach flavor makes for an easy summertime cocktail.
Why copper mugs for serving Moscow Mules? The copper helps keep the drink extra cold, resulting in a very refreshing sip. Moscow mules are a favorite summer cocktail because of the icy copper mug.
- Plain vodka - Skip the flavored peach vodka and stick with your favorite plain vodka for this recipe.
- Peach simple syrup - This easy recipe uses 3 ingredients, takes 10 minutes to make and it lasts for weeks in the refrigerator.
- A lime - Skip the bottled lime juice and squeeze a fresh lime into your drink. It really does make a big difference.
- Ginger beer - I love the spicy bite of Goslings ginger beer in my Moscow mules, but if you're not a big ginger fan try a more mild ginger beer like Fever Tree or use ginger ale instead.
- Fresh mint (garnish) - While not a necessary ingredient, I love what the smell of fresh mint brings to this summery cocktail.
How to Make a Ginger Peach Moscow Mule
Add ice to fill the glass.
Top with ginger beer.
Garnish with lime wheels, peach slice, and/or sprig of mint.
Stir gently and enjoy!
Homemade Peach Syrup Recipe
With only three ingredients and less than 10 minutes of hand-on time, peach simple syrup is easy to make at home and tastes so much better than anything you can buy at the store. Get the recipe and instructions over on my Homemade Peach Simple Syrup page.
- Don’t want to make peach syrup? Use peach nectar, peach juice, or even peach schnapps in this recipe in place of the syrup.
- Create a more intense peach flavor by using peach vodka and/or muddling fresh peach slices in your glass before adding the liquors.
Make it a Kentucky Peach Mule
Create a twist on a Peach Mule by substituting bourbon or whiskey for the vodka in this recipe.
Looking for More Moscow Mule Recipes?
Use a flavored vodka, swap out the kind of simple syrup - there are so many ways to create variations on a classic Moscow Mule. I love strawberry Moscow mules in the summer and apple Moscow mules for the fall.
FAQs and Substitutions
Nope! Like its root beer counterpart, ginger beer is a sweet soda that contains no alcohol.
If you don’t like the taste of spicy ginger beer, swap it out for ginger ale which will still provide sweetness but with less ginger flavor.
Yes. There are only 4 ingredients in these cocktails, so fresh-squeezed lime juice is a must. You’ll need about ½ a lime per drink. Fresh citrus will taste so much better than bottled juice. It truly does make a huge difference.
No copper cups? Serve your mule cocktail in a rocks glass. They're about the same size and your drink will taste fantastic in either kind of glassware.