This refreshing spiced apple vodka cocktail is full of cozy fall spices and lots of apple flavor. It's the perfect sip on an autumn day.
Fall flavors seem to come down to apple or pumpkin, and I'm team apple.
Apple vodka is delicious and a fun variation to have in your home bar supply (especially in the fall), but what can you do with apple vodka?
You can mix it up with ginger beer for an amazing apple mule, or you can shake it up with an amazing apple liqueur - like Du Nords Pronounced Apple Liqueur - for a spiced apple cocktail worthy of a fancy sugar rim.
Another easy garnish for this drink? Create apple slices by cutting through the apple on its equator. It's the opposite of how you're used to cutting an apple, but cutting through the core via the middle of the apple will get you slices with flower shapes in the center. Float the apple slice on your drink for an elegant looking sip.
- Apple vodka - Absolut, Skyy, and Stoli all make delicious apple vodkas. This is where a lot of the apple flavor is coming from in the drink, so don't swap it out for a different flavor (or plain) vodka.
- Apple liqueur - I love Du Nord's Pronounced Apple in this recipe, but have tested it with other apple liqueurs and apple brandy. All are very good and lend a richer apple flavor to the cocktail.
- Brown sugar simple syrup - Make your own by combining equal parts hot water and brown sugar until the sugar has dissolved. Cool completely before using. Get more detailed instructions on my simple syrup page.
- Fresh lemon - There are only 5 ingredients in this recipe, so squeeze a fresh lemon for the juice in the cocktail. It makes a difference!
- Ginger ale - Fizz, sugar, and a slight ginger flavor to enhance the apple flavor.
How to Make a Spiced Apple Vodka Cocktail
Combine apple vodka, apple liqueur, brown sugar syrup, and lemon juice in a cocktail shaker filled with ice cubes.
Shake well and strain into a martini glass or coupe glass.
Top with ginger ale.
Frequently Asked Questions
Swap ginger beer for the ginger ale if that's what you have on hand.
There are only 5 ingredients in this cocktail, so fresh juice is very important here. You'll need to squeeze no more than half of a lemon per cocktail.
I like Skyy Honeycrisp Apple Vodka or Absolut Juice Apple in this cocktail. If you can't find apple vodka, follow these instructions - swapping an apple for the strawberries - and infuse your own!
Make this cocktail feel extra special with a sugared or cinnamon sugar rim! In a shallow dish, mix ½ teaspoon sugar with ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon. Run a slice of lemon around the outer rim of your glass, then run the rim in the cinnamon/sugar mixture.
Try to find Apple Du Nord Liqueur because it's SO GOOD. But if you can't find any, swap it out for a good quality apple brandy. (Do not use Apple Pucker or other sour apple liqueurs.)